Saturday, February 21, 2009

Vanagon engine removed

It was a long day, but when all was said and done, my VW camper van was without an engine and I was happy about that!

I had to remove the old WBX engine in order make room for the new Zetec (not at all unlike John Locke having to die to save the "Island" on Lost), and today was the day to get the work done. Thanks to the wonder of craigslist, I found another VW fanatic named Todd who helped me remove the engine. It was a huge help to have him there, since he had previously removed several engines from Vanagons; not to mention that two sets of hands really makes a difference when doing that kind of work.

It was a full-day affair, and since many people have wondered exactly how long it takes to remove an engine and install a Zetec as part of the Bostig conversion, I decided to make a video diary for the day. I'm hoping to make one for the installation process also, but 'till then, check out what I did today...


Bostig Engine Conversion Write-Up

No comments: