Sunday, March 15, 2009

Zetec Final Exam

Today marks the second week I have had my Zetec up in running in my
1985 Westfalia! I had already put 300 miles on it, so yesterday I gave
it a thorough check out and everything looked great.

This morning, I drove it up I-70 in Colorado to go skiing, which was
the final exam of this whole process for me and the Zetec. The main
reason I put the Zetec engine in was that I wanted to be able to take
the van all over Colorado up and down steep, high altitude passes on a
regular basis at normal highway speeds and without worrying about
breaking down. There are 2 or 3 hills on I-70 that are absolute
killers, and I got to test out the Zetec on one of them just west of
Georgetown.



I also created a playlist on Youtube with the 5 documentary videos I made in
the correct order:
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=D43034D72686EB02

In case you missed the 3rd video in the series that included the first start of the Zetec in the Vanagon, here it is:



And since I'm a big geek, I recorded my trip with a GPS, so you can check out the route, speed,
and altitude at:
http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/player/7806254


Enjoy!
Pat

Bostig Engine Conversion Write-Up

No comments: