Thursday, April 16, 2009

Colorado River Follow-Along

I am heading out to raft the Colorado River through Ruby/Horsethief/Westwater canyons at the Colorado/Utah border this weekend, and I found a cool, free website that will allow me to embed a map with my current location into my blog. It is called SPOT Trip Manager, and it seems to be a free service that is hosted by an individual named Jason Jonas who likes to take big motorcycle trips. I love how the web can deliver up almost anything you ask for thanks to resourceful individuals like Jason. It reminds of the "magic box" on Lost that will deliver to you whatever you can imagine! Now if only SPOT will add this capability to their website the way Youtube includes it.

(Update- 4/6/09: The San Juan trip fell through due to attrition, so no updates for it.)

So anyway, here is the map with my most recent locations!

No comments: